Answered

Few ms delay between One and Port

• 3 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have many speakers. I grouped a Sonos One and a Port (the port is sending his output line to a Yamaha amplifier) but there is a few ms delay between the two sounds. I tried to set the sound compression to none and to change the WiFi channel but nothing changes. I’m going mad… I sent the diagnostic and its number is 862404893 (in case someone from the support sees it...). I had this issue since I installed the system, I tried to plug, restart, change the input in the Yamaha Amplifier (RX-V375). I used to have the Connect and a Play:1 connected in the same configuration but I never had an issue, but then I upgraded the system due to the S2 app compatibility. Any other in the same situation? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Kumar 4 October 2020, 05:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Use the button on the amp to select direct or stereo mode to eliminate this delay that lies inside the amp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I had the same issue with my Yamaha AVR and switching to pure-direct mode was the only cure.

I decided that I liked the AVR’s audio processing, equalization and surround modes, more than I liked having my Sonos speakers playing with it. Try both ways and let your ears decide.

If the two speakers are in the same space being heard across it, the echo from the AVR delay can be very intrusive. In different rooms, it does not usually matter.

The AVR full mode is usually needed for 5.1 movie sound, so it is an easy thing to use the pure stereo switch depending on what the AVR is being used for.

If the two speakers are in the same space being heard across it, the echo from the AVR delay can be very intrusive. In different rooms, it does not usually matter.

The AVR full mode is usually needed for 5.1 movie sound, so it is an easy thing to use the pure stereo switch depending on what the AVR is being used for.

The funny thing is that this did not happen with the old “Connect” which I used to have before upgrading to “port”… Anyway, will do.

And, of course, thank you! :)