Skip to main content

Hey,

I've got a Connect Amp which lately has been cutting out, it'll stop playing for a few seconds then continue. If grouped with another room, I can hear the other room continuing while the amp is stopped.

The Amp is connected to Ethernet, with it's WiFi disabled, to prevent network loops being a problem (even though I have STP configured on the network, but just disabled it to rule it out for now), so only one device with both Ethernet and WiFi is connected.

I don't understand why it's cutting out. It happens on all sources from what I can tell, radio, podcasts, etc.

I did a diagnosis just after it happened again for you to look at. Number: 1794230430

Thanks

I’d be betting on a duplicate IP address, although the vast majority of users in this forum do not have access to your diagnostic. If you wanted to, you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

As a test, I’d try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up before plugging the Sonos back in. Then see if you can replicate the dropping issue. If not, I’d highly recommend looking at your router’s manual on how to set reserved IP addresses. Or, redo a diagnostic, after an event, and call Sonos.