Answered

Error unsupported format playing KALW station

• 8 August 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I’m getting the Error “unsupported format” when playing the KALW station today. I don’t have any issues with the other NPR stations. I saw some other threads with it intermittently happening for others (KQED and BBC) but I didn’t find any tips on how to resolve it from the user end. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 August 2021, 07:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you using a Favorite, or by navigating TuneIn? The urls can change, which can leave a Favorite pointing at a stale stream.

I added the station through “favorites” (i don’t have TuneIn installed). Wouldn’t favorites auto update the urls? Anything I can do to help it?

TuneIn used to be installed by default. I think you still have to delete it specifically, so it’s entirely possible your favorite is through TuneIn. 

When did you set it up as a favorite? If it changed URLs in the background, no, the favorite would not be automatically updated. You’d still need to delete your favorite and set it up again, but you should try it by navigating to the radio station, rather than trying your favorite first, to confirm whether or not the favorite is stale.