device in grey on network diagram no strength etc

• 30 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi 

I have multiple Sonos devices and have just added an Amp. When I look at the network info diagram to check signal strength etc. It's there but it's greyed out with no signal information. 

I've seen this before but can't recall what the fix is. Can someone help me out?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you mean the network matrix? An Amp will have a white cell in the left column, since its ambient noise data is compatible with the matrix. If the Amp’s entire row is blank it’s either on WiFi or someone’s disabled its wireless.

Not sure I understand the response, (but thanks!)

The left hand axis which is normally coloured red yellow amber and green on the amp line is grey and there is no info on noise floor etc. There is a colour in the matrix itself (yellow)

The left hand axis which is normally coloured red yellow amber and green on the amp line is grey and there is no info on noise floor etc. There is a colour in the matrix itself (yellow)

That’s as it should be then. The Amp contains the latest radio module. Its noise data doesn’t display in the matrix left column.

Thanks again for that. Seems like a damned shame if all that useful info has gone..... Is there any other way to get it do you know?

Thanks again for that. Seems like a damned shame if all that useful info has gone..... Is there any other way to get it do you know?

It’ll be in the full system diagnostic, but that’s visible to Sonos only.