Question

constantly cuts out while using TV music or YouTube

• 11 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Diagnostic #2021553568

when it works well, it’s great, but listening to music from a tv source or YouTube makes all other speakers besides playbar and 1s in family room cut out. It is so annoying, I run around turning off WiFi on all other things in the house but it changes nothing, please help.

i also have a boost, which does absolutely nothing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Jbrew1234, welcome to the community. I appreciate you reaching out here and submitting the diagnostic. Just to confirm, all the Sonos devices in the family room works fine and you only get the cut-outs from the other speakers grouped? Have you also tried playing music using the Sonos app and if you’ll get the same problem? Try and check the suggestion below about adjusting the group audio delay.

The group audio delay setting introduces a delay between your TV audio and Sonos. This reduces the chance of audio issues occurring when your Sonos products are playing TV audio in a group.

From the Settings tab, tap System, then tap your home theater product. In the Home Theater section, tap Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.

Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

I have the delay on low, typically everything works well, but there are occasions where the rest of my speakers constantly go in and out. It seems like it is some kind of interference because it is sporadic. I just have no idea what the interference could be which is why I submitted the diagnostic test.

Whenever I play music from an app there are no problems, it is only while using TV as a music source, but that is mainly what I use.

I have been messing around with it and appears when I disconnect 2 ones in my dining room, the rest are not cutting out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Jbrew1234, thanks for your response. I’m glad that it’s okay when playing music in the Sonos app. Maybe it can’t handle the workload from the source. Try to change your Sonos system’s wireless channel from 11 to 1/6 and check which will perform well. Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

I tried changing channels and it didn’t help, I only have 8 speakers so if this means I can only use 6 speakers then what is the point? How can anyone use 32 speakers?