Answered

Connecting Proj-ject T1 SB to Sonos Connect and Dynaudio Active Foxus XD

• 24 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am having issues getting the audio to work through my current setup. This is all pretty new to me so it could be a totally noob issue.

I have a Pro-ject SB T1, Sonos Connect and Dynaudio Focus XD 60 Active Speakers. We also have a Sonos One speaker in my wife’s office.

I have both speakers connected to each other and line out into the Sonos Connect. That setup works just fine, and I can easily hear music in my wife’s office. 

I connected the R/L Cable from the back of the Pro-ject 1, into the back of the Sonos connect line input (as website says) - no other cables into any speaker. The sonos app recognizes the line out connection from the app. The turntable is on and I can’t get any audio out of either speaker set. 

What am I missing? I went this route as it didn’t seem like I needed any additional components. Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 December 2022, 02:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Make sure the Phono/Line switch on the back of the turntable is set to Line.  On the Sonos app, under the Browse tab, choose the Line-In as a source after choosing the room you wish it to play in.  You can also go into Settings for the Connect room and assign an autoplay room, causing that room to play when the line-in senses input.

That worked beautifully - thanks! Often the simplest answer I suppose 

Now the record player sounds quite terrible so looks like I have some calibrating to do!

thanks again!