Answered

Connect to/update existing system

• 24 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I've started a summer job and the worksite system recently upgraded from S1 controller to the S2. I opened the S1 app, was directed to S2 app (gold icon) and now I'm getting message that the system needs to be updated. Someone else set up the system, there's a different email address listed and ots asking for THAT account info to...idk update the already updated system? 

How do I login to be able to continue to play music like I could last week using the S1 controller? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 May 2021, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rrcampbell4 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You will not ever be able to control an S2 system with the S1 app.

Are other users at work able to control the system without being asked to update? If so, I recommend you uninstall the S1 app and don’t use it again.

If the S2 app continues to ask for an update, it may be best for this to be resolved by whoever has the account the system is registered to, though you can certainly try resetting the S2 app.

Coworkers have shown me how they are using the gold icon app, but I'm the only one that seems to be getting the "update" message. I uninstalled the app and re-connected to the S2, but got the same message. (Not sure if its related to them using iPhones vs my Android Galaxy S9+) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rrcampbell4 

You might just have a newer version of the S2 app than other people in your office as you’ve just downloaded it. If you’re unable to log in, see if anyone else can update their app and then update the system so your phone can join it.

When updates are available for the app and the system, it helps to manually check for updates twice.

On a logged-in phone - Settings » System » System Updates » Check for updates   X2

If no-one in the office knows the log-in details, you may need to ask your boss to Change your Sonos account email address to another email, or Change or reset your Sonos account password for the current account.

It won’t matter that you’re using Android.