Answered

Connect SONOS Connect with S2

• 13 January 2024
  • 3 replies

On the Sonos website https://support.sonos.com/de-de/products/connect il looks like the connect should support the S2 app.
I have an existing S2 system on my network and the S2 app suggests setting up the connection which is green blinking. But when I press the option in the S2 App it tells me that I should downgrade to S1 to connect it with my system.
What can I do to connect the Connect with my S2 system or am I misinterpreting the symbols on the Sonos website.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 January 2024, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not all Sonos CONNECTs can run S2, there was a change in the middle of production that increased the  memory that allows the ‘newer’ ones to run S2. You should be able to tell by checking your products on your account at www.sonos.com. There’s a rough date associated with the change that I’ve seen on these forums, but I don’t recall specifically what it was. 

Here’s a good reference thread:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AnneK

As a summary of the thread linked above all Connect devices with serial number (at bottom of device) starting with a 2015 date (15 followed by month.. eg. 15 03) are S2 ready. The play/pause button instead a mute button also indicates that.