Connect Playbar to HDMI ARC on TV

• 8 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

The socket on the optical port on my LG TV is broken and sound no longer pays via my Playbar. I have read that you can get and HDMI Arc to Optical converter. Should this set up work in theory?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mart50, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. About your question on using an optical to an HDMI-ARC, you can try it but it would not be a recommended setup from Sonos, since you may experience issues with the signals or compatibility when using adapters. It may or may not work. But we can wait for recommendations and suggestions from our Sonos community users who may have or are using an HDMI to an optical adapter with Sonos. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

FYI the adapter that Sonos sells is optical to HDMI-ARC, not the other way around...if that’s what you were looking at.