Answered

Connect keeps dropping audio, disappears from app

• 21 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Connect that keeps dropping off my system.  The rest of the speakers keep playing music.  It’ll drop anywhere between a few seconds to until the next song comes on.  If I pause the song and play again, it comes back.  When it’s out, the Connect doesn’t show up in the app (iPhone).

I’ve tried power cycling the Connect and that seems to work for a day and then it’ll start again.

It’s not a “reset your wifi router” issue because it is hardwired with ethernet.  There is no IP addressing issue.  Anyone have an idea?

icon

Best answer by Cheese Plate 27 October 2023, 18:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Cheese Plate, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Is the Sonos Connect wired to your router or to another networking device? If it’s not connected to your router, I would recommend you check that it meets our requirements outlined in our Sonos System Requirements support article. For further assistance from me and our users, please provide your network topology and any further information regarding your system.

When the Connect does drop out, what is the LED Light status? We can’t rule out a hardware failure and the LED light can show if the Connect is experiencing one. Also, while you have issues when the Connect hardwired, do you still experience the dropouts while it is wireless?

If your network meets our requirements and the LED status doesn’t change, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for live troubleshooting as they have the necessary tools to assist you.

I hope this helps!

Being wired or on WiFi has no bearing at all on whether the device is being affected by duplicate IPs, this can happen to any type of connection. Rebooting your router while the Sonos is unplugged is always an option, no matter how the Sonos is connected. 

Being wired or on WiFi has no bearing at all on whether the device is being affected by duplicate IPs, this can happen to any type of connection. Rebooting your router while the Sonos is unplugged is always an option, no matter how the Sonos is connected. 

Yeah that didn’t work.  Same issue.

HI @Cheese Plate, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Is the Sonos Connect wired to your router or to another networking device? If it’s not connected to your router, I would recommend you check that it meets our requirements outlined in our Sonos System Requirements support article. For further assistance from me and our users, please provide your network topology and any further information regarding your system.

When the Connect does drop out, what is the LED Light status? We can’t rule out a hardware failure and the LED light can show if the Connect is experiencing one. Also, while you have issues when the Connect hardwired, do you still experience the dropouts while it is wireless?

If your network meets our requirements and the LED status doesn’t change, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for live troubleshooting as they have the necessary tools to assist you.

I hope this helps!

The light stays solid on.

My network is fine.  All switches and routers are current production Ubiquiti.

I just had a Port delivered.  I’ll replace the Connect with that and see what happens.

I replaced it with the Port and the problems went away.  I will assume it was a hardware issue with the Connect.