Answered

connect amp with play 3

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi I have a connect amp zp120 and 2pcs Play3. I would like to connect these to my home cinema projector. I connected the audio IN on AMP but how can I connect the 2pcs play3?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 January 2024, 07:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You would need to direct the line in to play on the ‘room’ that is the PLAY:3s.

Be aware there’s a minimum of a 75ms delay on a Sonos analog line in, such as on the CONNECT:AMP, so it may be difficult to get any lip sync with the projector’s video. 

This is why the ZP 120 /CONNECT:AMP was never sold as a home theater option. Sonos made their soundbars for that use case. 

Thanks. Direct Line means that I connect the projector via RCA to ConnectAmp which is in the same "room" than the play3s?

Thanks for delay note

No, CONNECT and PLAY”3 will be separate Rooms. Rooms can be Grouped to play the same source. While the Grouped Rooms will be time aligned with each other, there will be a 75ms offset from the projector’s output. Both CONNECT and the PLAY:3’s will be stereo, not surround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

House rooms and Sonos Rooms are always confusing.

A Sonos Room is one or more Sonos devices, and is shown as one entry in the Controller. A Sonos Room can be one Sonos, a Stereo Pair, or a Home Theater set, plus a Sub or mini-Sub.