Answered

Connect Amp plays intermitently

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m having trouble with my Connect amp.

the music keeps cutting in and out.

recently, I left it unplugged for a day then plugged it back in and it worked fine for two day, and then it went back to intermittent.

it surely can’t be Wi-Fi signal. It is less than 10 feet away from my broadband box with two standard brick walled in between.

just below the connect amp is our back TV which is connected to SKY a stream mini box and the picture never wavers, even when the 
Connect Amp is playing intermittently.

any suggestions for a fix gratefully received.

if not, my wife says it’s going in the bin!

bob.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 February 2024, 17:51

View original

3 replies

Assuming you’re not using SonosNet, maybe try a different router WiFi channel, using fixed non-overlapping channels 1, 6, or 11 and set the channel-width to 20Mhz only and see if that perhaps fixes the issue for you.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Hi Bruce,

Many thanks for your advice. I have had the Sonus switched off and un plugged from power since yesterday and when I powered it up again it has worked Ok for 8 hours so far. I have had this before, perfect for a while and then back to intermittent again. I do not have high hopes!

Once it is back to its old ways I will follow your advice.

Bob.