Connect Amp - line out mod (can/has it been done)

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a few Connect Amps. I would like the flexibility to use them simply as Connect modules. Has any done a mod to take line out connects from the unit? TIA

5 replies

Attenuating the signal from the speaker terminals to line level voltages should do it.

Attenuating the signal from the speaker terminals to line level voltages should do it.

While that would work, it does come with risks. I would prefer to take some outputs prior to the power amp….just to be safe.

thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You’d need to find an analog audio wire with a line level signal inside. Good luck.

I’d just buy a used Connect and not kill my Amp.

I’d just buy a used Connect and not kill my Amp.

Fair point. However not many of the Connect 2’s come up. When they do they are quite expensive. Guess the Connect ‘1’ would do the job. I had been planning on doing exactly as you suggest, just I had several un-used Connect Amp modules as I prefer to use decent older quality amplifiers. I suspect the Sonos gear utilises Class D architecture….which doesn’t sound as good/warm/accurate. Hence why I have several Connect Amps spare……
Might open one up and have a look inside. I am presuming (and with a bit of luck) the Connect Amp likely has the board out of the Connect, so Franking it might not be that difficult. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yep, finding an analog wire in a mostly digital system will be great fun.

Not sure where you are looking, ebay has several under $100 and several auctions currently at half that. Amazon lists several also, in the low $100 range.

For fooling around I wouldn’t say no to one but for serious use I’d go for the Port.