Answered

Connect:AMP Line In audio not working

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have 4 Connect:AMPs and 1 Connect (Gen2). Two of the Connect AMPs have Line-In connections from TVs - Kitchen and Bedroom. The set up was done two years ago, and has been working well until recently. Now, if I select Line-In on the app, it indicates active audio (wavy thing), however there’s no sound from the speakers. I tried both the line-ins separately on the respective rooms’ Connect AMPs and also on Connect AMPs in other rooms - no use. However, all play streaming music (from local PC) and internet radio stations well. Only problem is with Line-In on both the AMPs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  (submitted diagnostics - 44375962).

icon

Best answer by Simon B 29 December 2020, 23:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @SThan, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. upon checking, It doesn’t show the line-in connections. Or did you send the diagnostic report when the line in is present? You may check this article about No sound on Port or Connect for some troubleshooting steps. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks @Simon B . I will try submitting diagnostics again with both line-in connections enabled in the respective rooms - i.e., line-in to Connect:AMP enabled. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @SThan, thanks for the update. I’ll wait for the diagnostic report so that we can check on this issue further. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Hi @Simon B - an update: The problem was with the D2A converter connected to the optical output of the TV. When you said that the diagnostics don’t show the in-line connections, that got me thinking. I had saved the diagnostics when the app after turning on inline source, and the app was showing the “wavy gif icon” as if there was input to the Sonos Connect Amp. I replaced the D2A converter and it started working. A feedback: The app is misleading in this situation Even though there was no input coming to Connect Amp (because of faulty D2A converter), the app was showing the wavy gif icon and I thought there was input to the Connect Amp and so the problem was with the Amp! I think this needs to be fixed in the app. Thanks for your support. This issue can be closed now.