Answered

configure sonos system with eero

• 15 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

The past week I spent 2 hour with great customer care of Sonos to reconfigure my system on the new mesh network with eero system. Eero does not allow to split between 2.4 and 5 gHz. After 1 day the configuration seems lost and i cannot see the devices in the app while I'm connected to eero. Instead I can see them if I switch back to the old wifi network. Pls halo to fix!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 March 2021, 16:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Filippo S 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you can only connect to Sonos when your app-running device is on your old WiFi network from your original router, then you probably just need to tell Eero not to operate as a router itself - otherwise, you have two networks.

As long as you still have the original router on your network, please follow the steps here to put your Eero mesh into Bridge/AP mode: 

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/208276903-How-do-I-bridge-my-eeros-

Please reboot your router after doing this to make sure all your network devices have IP addresses from the router and not from your Eero mesh.

Additionally, if you permanently connect one Sonos device (not a Sub, or a Move which can’t) to your network with an ethernet cable, all of your Sonos system will bypass your Eero WiFi network and it’s settings. If you don’t want a speaker in that location, you can try wiring to a mesh node instead of the router, or purchase a Sonos Boost to connect to ethernet instead.