Answered

Cant connect Move to network

• 30 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I received Move as a Christmas present.

When I removed it from the box and put it on the charger stand the light cme on at the top, a steady white light.  I let it charge for over two hours and the battery light never came on.

I then tried to have my wifi network identify the Move.  No luck.  I rebooted it.  No luck.

My only other product is a Sonos amp.

Advice?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 30 December 2020, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

A couple of questions:

1/ Have you added the Move to your Sonos system within the Sonos App?

2/ As part of that add device process, did you include your wi-fi details?

3/ If you lift the Move off the charging base and then replace it, does the orange battery charging light display on the front of the Move?

1.I click on settings, systems, add product.  The app ls it can’t find the product.3. 

1. Since it did not find it, there was not an option to include wi fi details.
  1. The status light is lit, but the battery charging light is not, even after I lift it off the cradle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you try plugging the charging base into a different electrical outlet.  Then ensure that the connections of the Move are aligned with the connections of the charging plate - sorry, to state the obvious but it’s worth checking. :)

What colour is the status light on the Move?

I tried plugging it into a different outlet.

Connections are aligned.

Status light is solid white.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Solid white means that the device is already connected to a system.  If you open the Sonos App>Settings>System>About your Sonos system, is the Move listed?

If not, can you reset the Move as described within this article and then re-add the device.

Got it!!

I had to reboot.  Your reboot instructions were different than the other instructions.

thanks!

Ken