Skip to main content

Hey there. 

i have the latest Sonos App (12.2.4) but everytime I want to add my new Symfonisk to the system the app recognises the new device but tells me that I need to update my app. When I click the link it brings me to the App Store to just open the app because I already have the latest version. Somebody with similar problems ? 

Hi @Birko1.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Have you already tried to restart your phone?

If you have another phones try it on a different device first to isolate the problem.

I’d also be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes and test it again

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi.

I had exactly same issue yesterday. Tried many times (and many hard reset on Symfonisk, including disconnection/app reset) No way.

But then (and I don’t know if it is the cause) app on my tablet upgraded from 12.2.4 to 12.2.5 and, immediately after I succesfully added my Symfonisk to my environment with other ONEs (S2).

Only issue I have now is that Symfonisk is seen by Android App (12.2.5), but not from Windows App (12.2.2). Hope next windows app upgrade will solve it

Hi @Jolly3.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Not so sure if this has to do with Microsoft since Apple and Microsoft are two different companies,

have you already tried to reach out to Microsoft about this?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Mark P 

Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify about the two issues I had.

First one (auto solved) was probably related to Android version of “Sonos Controller” APP. With releases 12.2.3 or .4 I didn’t get my new Symfonisk installed/connected to my existing Sonos environment, based on some Sonos One. 

When App upgraded to 12.2.5 (actual release) everything worked and I succesfully got my Symfonisk. So, problem solved.

But now I have anyway a (minor) issue om my Windows “Sonos Controller” (last available, still on 12.2.2).

If on Android tablet with Sonos Controller (12.2.5) I can see all my Sonos speakers, including last Symfonisk, on my Win PC Sonos Controller (12.2.2) I can see all Sonos Ones (4) in different rooms, but NO Symfonisk present.

Even if I can handle it from my Android Tablet (fully working).

Of course, all components are on same LAN, same router … same everything, but different Controller releases.

So, waiting for new Windows Sonos Controller version, hope that this will fix the issue.