Question

Can't find computer library

• 12 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I recently upgraded my router and since then Sonos can’t find my computer.  I’m using a MacBook Air running Catalina 10.15.7. and running the Sonos S1 controller version 11.2.3  Everything worked fine before the router upgrade.  Here is a list of the things I’ve tried already;

• removed music share path and reentered it
  • rebooted the router and all Sonos components
  • turned off the Mac’s firewall
  • verified other computers on the network can see my Mac and can access shares on the Mac
  • rebooted my Mac a coupe of times
  • checked the router DHCP and static address listings.  Both the Mac and the Sonos components have valid IP addresses and are on the same network subnet
  • verified my NetBios name matches my computer name

I can access Sonos from the Mac, and run other music services with no issue.  I’m out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Just one more piece of information.  I have also tried to establish the music library on another Mac on the network and get the same error.  Computer cannot be found.

Not sure, but have you tried deleting the app from your Mac, and then downloading a fresh copy and reinstalling it? My hypothesis is somehow the Sonos app would install some sort of .dll type of thing that would help the speakers ‘see’ the files on your Mac. What doesn’t make any sense to me is why this would happen concurrently with a router switch… but the effort to try this isn’t huge, and only costs your time. 

I would also be tempted, especially if it doesn’t work, to submit a diagnostic to Sonos so they have a more technical view of your system. Just be sure to post the number of that diagnostic here, or call in with it, since they tend not to look at them without prompting.