Question

Can't add Sonos products in app

• 16 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I currently have a play 3, two Sonos ones and a Sonos Beam. 

I recently had to factory reset my router, which resulted in having to rename my network. As a result I have had to re-connect all of my smart home devices. 

I have sonos speakers up on walls, wires hidden behind the wall, and the beam is mounted on top of my tv which is also mounted up on a stone fireplace. The Sonos App indicates I only need to hardwire 1 device into the router using ethernet. This was completed and I was hoping the other devices would then update to the same network. Not correct. I am reluctant to find that the only device setup.in the app is my play 3 which is easily movable and was hardwired to the router temporarily to update the network settings. 

I have tried to add the other devices in the app with no luck. It indicates the app can find the beam, but cant set up. None of the sonos ones are showing up. I am really hoping I do not have to take down and re-fish the wires through the walls to these sonos ones and beam just to connect an ethernet cable. The other devices in my home were reset within minutes. I have been working on this sonos problem for hours. I am about to blow a f'in gasket over this. I can honestly say that I have had other issues, not with having to connect an ethernet cable, but this one takes the cake. Is this 2020? What's wrong with this software? 

Anyone have ideas on how to correct without having to spend hours upon hours to remove these speakers just for a couple.minutes to hardwire an ethernet cable? 

Seriously, let's get our sh!t together!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @brharvey83@gmail.com.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

To verify, have you gone through the wireless setup to connect those Sonos products to the WiFi network? 

Using the Sonos app, navigate to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup.

Some of your Sonos products may be missing from your Rooms list because they need information from the new router. To fix this, reboot all missing Sonos products in your household. After your Sonos products have been rebooted, normally they will reappear in your Sonos app.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything under the hood causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

If you have a wired speaker, other speakers should connect via SonosNet to the wired speaker. WIFI SSID and password are irrelevant and you should not even have had to add the speakers to the system. They were already part of the system. You just needee to reboot them while one speaker was still wired. There are advantages to leaving a speaker wired. You could buy a Boost if it is not convenient to keep the speaker wired.

Provided you haven't factory reset them  try just powering them off and on again (if you can) and see if they will connect while a speaker is wired.