Question

Buzzing sound on AMP line-in.

• 7 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an AMP, it is making a buzzing noise when it is in line-in, it gets louder when I turn up the volume. I changed to 5 different RCA cables. I changed to 6 different sources (PC, Laptop, Phone, CD Player, DVD Player and Turntable). I changed compression. I connected to a power conditioner. I think there is something wrong with my AMP line in?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jcamp, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.  I apologize for that happened. Let’s take a closer look at what could be causing this buzzing issue with the Line In on your Sonos Amp on Line In. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue and if there's any information that we can get about the buzzing issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Here's the diagnostic report confirmation number:  638610036

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jcamp, thanks for the update and on sending a diagnostic report about this issue. Upon checking, it shows that there could be an issue with the Sonos Amp, Have you tried to do a reboot on it? Unplug it for around 1-2 minutes, and replug it back in. because it shows that it dropped off the system. try that first and let us know how it goes. 

Yes I did that. I actually unplugged it more than 2 minutes, and I did it about 3 times as I moved it away from other components in my living room. I even reset and rejoin with my Sonos echo system and wifi.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jcamp, thanks for the update and on doing some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. but in this case, We need to take it further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may ask for a video clip when the issue is happening for the buzzing sound on the Sonos Amp and give other options and troubleshooting steps. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

So I borrowed a Sonos AMP, I used all the same cables, components and placed it at the same location... there was no buzzing sound. So it means mine is broken.

How do I proceed to send this for repair?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi, @jcamp  thanks for the update and the effort to try another Sonos Amp with the same cables. And sorry to hear that the issue is just happening on your Sonos Amp. for further assistance on this issue, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may ask for further troubleshooting steps and give you options on this concern. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let us know.