Skip to main content
Answered

BOOST setup fails to link to my account

• 11 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Just got a BOOST and the setup fails every time stating that it failed to link to my account. I have tried hardwiring an existing Play1 to my router before setup, rebooted my router, reset the BOOST, and I still get the same error.  Any other suggestions?

I recommend that you Factory Reset BOOST (only BOOST, don’t Factory Reset anything else) before hard wiring BOOST and attempting to ‘Add’ it to your system.

Just got a BOOST and the setup fails every time stating that it failed to link to my account. I have tried hardwiring an existing Play1 to my router before setup, rebooted my router, reset the BOOST, and I still get the same error.  Any other suggestions?

Just see if a further factory reset of the Boost (only) may work for you, the procedure for which is mentioned in this LINK, but also ensure aswell that you wire the Play:1 and the Boost direct to the router switch - do not ‘daisy chain’ their connections .. and then try the Boost setup again via Add Product in ‘System/Settings’ within the App (make sure the Play:1 is already showing in the App too).

If still no joy,  then I would go onto speak with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK

Thanks for the suggestions!  Tried those steps and still not working.  Going to call Customer Support.  Will update when fixed.

Im having the same problem, did you have any luck after speaking to customer support?