Question

Blown Speaker on Play 5, told you can pay $350?

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

My speaker is blown on my play 5 gen 2.  Have had the speaker for just over 15 months.  Had a chat conversation on the support site about it.  Followed all the reset, hard reset, different services everything.  Still sounds terrible.   

I sent in the video to the support.  The response?  You can give us $350 more dollars to buy a new one.  Because you are 3 months out of warranty.  That's a serious answer?   It's mind boggling how incredibly awful that is to hear.  Thanks to our glorious speaker that blows, you have to buy another one? 

So I'll be in $850 for a play 5 that lasted 15 months?  I can't even fathom buying another speaker that might only last 15 months.  My case number is 02254033

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ebidrow.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post, let me help and check it for you.

When it comes to replacement and warranty policy, I suggest that it’s best to give us a call so we can discuss it with you in real-time. We need to diagnose the unit and the outcome would be very important for the replacement process. Upon checking on your case, there are steps and requirements that need to be completed. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If nothing else you can buy a “Parts Only” speaker off ebay or the like and try a transplant. Lots of dead trade-up units are likely available.