Skip to main content
Question

Best sized sledge hammer?

• 3 November 2020
  • 6 replies

This has been the most promising yet most disappointing piece of electronica I’ve ever owned. Wondering whether my 3 lb drilling hammer would suffice or if I should borrow a larger sledgehammer to rid myself of this brand forever? 
Thx!

The one you have should do.  And much quicker than asking for help in sorting out your problems, which in 99% of cases turn out to be local network related rather than a fault with Sonos.

Agreed. Network issues are nearly always the basis of setup problems. I've just installed a mesh network which I expected to cause problems (and did) but by switching everything off and then restarting in a logical manner I was up and running pretty quickly. The Sonos app identified a setup issue regarding device connectivity the following morning but by powering down and up all the Sonos units again it resolved itself.

If you post details of the issues you are experiencing there will be someone here who can help. Yes, it can be frustrating but don't give in. My system now sounds absolutely fabulous. 

Yeah I’m pretty patient but there’s network trouble always. Then app control problems. Then not recognizing my network. Then telling my my password is wrong. (It isn’t). 

Debating giving it to Goodwill but that’s no way to treat a charity. Thanks for commiserating 

@Money_wasted, You could also switch the system over to using SonosNet by wiring one Component to the router (the left one, if it's a stereo pair ; don’t use the Sub or speakers that are set up as surrounds for that purpose). Subsequently remove the WiFi details from the system: On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove. Subsequently wait about 10 min, then go to 'Settings → System → About my Sonos System' and see if WM:0 is being displayed next to each unit.

So you don't specify a problem. You don't specify a device. You joined the Forum today. Your profile says you own a Play:3, which hasn't been on sale for years.

So, please would you take your fictional difficulties and go troll somewhere else?

At least you could put in a bit of research so that you could troll competently. 

Just venting my long term displeasure with the product. But thanks for giving me what for. You’re the kind that makes the internet so great.