Skip to main content

Auto play for the line in of my Port is back in the app again. That’s great, and it seems to work. 
However it is not working as it should be. At least not how it worked before.

It works all just fine when I played my music (with Spotify) and later (Spotify is paused/stopped playing) I turn on my tv which is connected to the line in port. Then the Port automatically starts playing the line in and changes the volume to the preset value.

But now I have changed the Line in volume while watching tv. I stopped watching and after a while my Port auto pauses the line in. Great. But now, when later I start watching tv again, the Port only resumes playing the Line in and leaves the volume untouched. Why is that? Why isn’t the volume changed to the preferred setting for auto play?

Hi @Brampk 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear things are not quite working as expected, but are you sure they were before?

As I understand it, when Line-In is already selected (as in, when it was the last thing played), and audio then resumes, Autoplay is not triggered as the Port does not need to switch to line-in, and therefore the volume is not set as a part of that process.

As far as I know, it has always behaved like this and nothing has been changed - though, that being said, there isn’t any documentation on this particular aspect of the Autoplay function, and I have not used it myself. The volume shouldn't be entirely unwelcome, however - it will be the same volume that you last listened to it at.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry P,

Thank you for your reply. 
My experience is that Autoplay was indeed not triggered if playback resumed quick after it was paused. But I’m sure Autoplay was triggered again if there was a longer period (not sure how long) of no playback. As if the playback source was set to “none” after a while. 
This would be very useful in case you turn down the volume late in the evening. The next day, you would want the autoplay to be triggered again. Also when no other source was played in the meantime. 

Hi @Brampk 

If memory serves, it is 13 minutes of silence that is needed before Autoplay would re-trigger. Again, documentation is a little sparse (at least, the documentation that is available to me - no doubt there is more that I don’t have access to).

I shall mark this thread as a feature request for Autoplay to adjust the volume whether it needs to adjust the source or not - it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks a lot!