Answered

Autoplay for Turntable and a Pair of Fives (Cross Posted in Speakers)

• 11 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I have been searching and reading this forum and did not find any definitive answers. I have an old Sony turntable with an external preamp. Autoplay does not work, as many have stated. I have to always (re)select the Line-in as source. The consensus seemed to be around a pre-amp that is always on. That said, I just ordered an U-Turn Orbit Theory turntable with built in preamp. Has anyone had success with the autoplay on this or other U-Turn turntables with the built in pre-amp? Just trying to set my expectation. Yes, I have autoplay selected for the line-in and for that set of speakers (room).  Thanks in advance!  

<<CROSS POSTED>>

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 11 February 2023, 16:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

So, a little more testing. If is set the autoplay back to “none” (or any other choice”), then stream some music through the fives. All good. Then, if is set autoplay back to those speakers (room), it switches automatically to the Line-in. This is even without turning on/activating the turntable. This leads me to believe that the preamp or turntable is continuously providing power/signal and telling Sonos it is already “playing”. I tried to unplug the preamp, then plug in, but that didn't automatically switch to autoplay. So, not totally sure what is going on. I am hoping with the new turntable on the way, this will work properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To keep things together, I propose every one answers here: