Question

Audio stops playing randomly

• 8 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi!

My speakers are dropping out several times every day and it seems to be happening to both Spotify and Pocketcast. It is not the same speaker everytime, either. Currently using 1 Sonos one and 3 Play:1 in a small 42 sqm appartment. 

Hope someone can help me out, 

Thanks!

Diagnostic: 1558314103

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @1Rub1, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community and sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to hear about this, and thanks for alerting us about this issue. Upon checking the diagnostic information, It shows Wireless interference and Audio playback errors and dropouts on your system, kindly check these links that I’ll provide for some troubleshooting steps.

Wifi Interference

Audio Dropouts

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thank you - I tried changing the 2,4ghz wireless channel on my AP to 13 now and I will see how that works out. 

This is how my setup looks at the moment. There are quite a few flats below me (I live at the top floor) so I think that maybe that does not help either. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @1Rub1, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. You may observe it for now. And resubmit a diagnostic report If the issue persists. The steps on those articles are some basic troubleshooting steps that may help reduce the Interference and audio dropouts. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @1Rub1, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. You may observe it for now. And resubmit a diagnostic report If the issue persists. The steps on those articles are some basic troubleshooting steps that may help reduce the Interference and audio dropouts. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks. I tried changing the channel as mentioned earlier but I still experience drop outs. 

Diagnostic: 301885600 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @1Rub1, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. There are still issues that show on your Sonos system for Audio playback, Interference, and Audio dropout issue upon checking. And since you’ve done some troubleshooting steps and still it’s not working properly. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote assistance to your controller device to assist further. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.