Are Connect and Connect Amp unable to handle load of streaming music services?

• 17 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When my Connect is playing music with other speakers in a group, it constantly drops audio. Often multiple times in a song. I’ve had it hardwired direct to the router and wireless, no difference. A helpful Sonos support rep told me that it’s because it’s an older device and they have trouble handling the load of music services like YouTube Music, Spotify, and Pandora. He said this is particularly an issue when the Connect becomes the primary device that forms the net with the other speakers. Recommended work arounds included using wireless instead of wired and adding the Connect to the group AFTER starting streaming. There was some logic to his explanation, but unfortunately none of the suggestions helped.

SO… do I upgrade to a Port and all my issues go away? I’d hate to spend the money and find out it doesn’t help any. Sonos used to be super stable for me and in the past two years constant drops from the connect and connect amps.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did you submit a diagnostic that the rep looked at? Did the mention the firmware bug that affects these devices that causes drop outs? And are you in s2? See this thread for more information 

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/connect-amp-keeps-dropping-out-audio-6885634

Badge +1

Yes, multiple diagnostics sent to multiple reps. No mention of firmware bugs. I’m in S2, all Gen 2 stuff.

Will read that thread. Description sounds similar.