Skip to main content

I have a Samsung 65MU6100 4K TV, with Sonos Arc, sub and two Sonos One’s and a new Apple 4K TV box.

If I connect the Apple TV direct to the TV I have no problems with anything. All apps work well including Netflix.

As my TV will only handle Dolby Digital Plus I also have an Arcana. When I connect the Apple TV through the Arcana all apps work (Disney, Neon etc)  well apart from Netflix – every time I scroll to different shows, or try to stream something, the screen goes black and have no sound for a second or so – very annoying.

I have looked on many forums to find a solution but nothing suggested has worked (resets etc).

I have made sure all the display settings on the Apple TV unit are the same whether connected directly to the TV or through the Arcana. The only things different is through the Arcana the audio is set to Dolby Atmos.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 1-2 second black screen is normal when you start a new show or episode when using the Arcana.

From the Arcana manual FAQ:

I notice a short black screen / re-sync when starting a content that i didn't have or noticed when connected direct to TV?
All that is normal, you will have the same if you insert any device in between, like an AVR, splitter, matrix, switcher, video processor, and the more device you have in the same chain, the longer this will take, the only way to have that nearly not noticeable is SOURCE > DISPLAY direct since signal goes straight to panel driver. If menu is 60Hz and content 24Hz then there will be a re-sync like for any video format change, if you have SOURCE > TV, then sure you never noticed it but insert any device in between and you will have the exact same, just normal, HDMI re-sync.

If the previews are set to autoplay while scrolling through shows on Netflix, the screen will go blank with each selection because the Arcana is having to re-sync every time a new preview starts. To get around this, you need to disable the autoplay previews option under Playback Settings under your Netflix profile. This can be changed in your account settings on the Netflix website.

Thank you GuitarSuperstar - thats brilliant.