App updates lose wifi

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I miss the old app. I love my sonos product but this new app is horrible. Every time I update I have same issue….. can’t connect to wifi with Sonos products. Which is really interesting when the speakers are playing. For the amount of money spent on the products you would think they would have this issues fixed by now since it seems to be a global issue. I won’t be updating the app again. Spending 20 mins after each update to fix a problem that the developers refuse to fix is enough for me. Why can’t there just be a normal controller for these things? Sad to say I miss the dinosaur days of a basic remote that had the only issue of dead batteries 🤬

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GrumpySonos Owner, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

There might be a communication problem between your Sonos speakers and your network. To correct this, the next step is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.

• Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
  • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
  • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
  • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

If after rebooting your network and Sonos devices and you're still experiencing the same, please submit a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number. Also, if you can provide us your full network setup including the make and model for each device to further assist you on this.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.