ANYONE GOING TO FIX THE HACK VULNERABILITY ?

• 6 September 2022
  • 33 replies

Badge +1

I have 3 sonos one's that are vulnerable to an music hack app and customer care offers zero support or relief. These speakers are trash and at this point want a refund! It doesn't happen with sonos roam. Only the trash speakers. Even bought an sonos boost. Useless. I am livid!! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge +1

@Aboriginalbabe

I would change your WiFi SSID/password(s) and router login credentials, at the very least …and maybe do that at the earliest opportunity. That’s certainly the first steps I would do.

Done that several times. Changed to xfinity due to their supposed protection. Still happening.  It's an Sonos internal vulnerability at this point. This has been going on for years and I have tried EVERYTHING. 

Are you the only one affected🤔?

Yes. I am the only one in the apartment. 

@Aboriginalbabe

I would change your WiFi SSID/password(s) and router login credentials, at the very least …and maybe do that at the earliest opportunity. That’s certainly the first steps I would do.

Done that several times. Changed to xfinity due to their supposed protection. Still happening.  It's an Sonos internal vulnerability at this point. This has been going on for years and I have tried EVERYTHING. 

Sorry I actually meant, have you come across any other reports of the issue you’re seeing elsewhere online - I was just interested to see what others are saying about their matter? (thanks) - any links to others would be helpful and perhaps show whether, or not the issue is isolated to your apartment etc.

Badge +1

@Aboriginalbabe

Sorry I actually meant, have you come across any other reports of the issue you’re seeing elsewhere online - I was just interested to see what others are saying about their matter? (thanks) - any links to others would be helpful and perhaps show whether, or not the issue is isolated to your apartment etc.

A simple internet search and community search will do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Submit a Diagnostic soon after it happens and Sonos should be able to tell you how and from where it was initiated.

In my case the searches came back as being an insecure local network, or devices placed in DMZ, or Spotify connect session. I can’t find anything like the matter you refer too. In most cases I just read, not a single one points to it being a Sonos hack issue. You may have to (kindly) post a link for me to read… thanks.👍

Badge +1

In my case the searches came back as being an insecure local network, or devices placed in DMZ, or Spotify connect session. I can’t find anything like the matter you refer too. In most cases I just read, not a single one points to it being a Sonos hack issue. You may have to (kindly) post a link for me to read… thanks.👍

Not going to do that. You're welcome. 

Badge +1

Submit a Diagnostic soon after it happens and Sonos should be able to tell you how and from where it was initiated.

I did that right after it happened the last time. Next week I along with the sonos team will go over it. I seriously think it's an jukebox hack app. 

Userlevel 7

I am livid!! 

I’m glad you’re the only one affected by this supposed hack. You’re welcome 👍🏼