Question

An artwork question that's different to the norm..

• 1 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Issue l am having involves a single album artwork. All other artwork for the +3000 albums are fine. The issue is that for this single album the artwork doesn’t appear on the Ipad app. I have added the .jpg within the folder and correctly named it ‘folder’. It is within the parameters of resolution size. I have replaced the artwork with an entirely different .jpg and still doesn’t appear. I have also removed the album folder from the iTunes library, deleted it from iTunes and then updated the Sonos music index. Once that has updated l have added album to iTunes again, updated Sonos but still doesn’t appear. 

There is nothing particularly unusual about album other than a single track lasting over 15 minutes but l have other albums like that and the artwork appears with no issue.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You seem to have done all the sensible troubleshooting steps so I have to speculate a bit. 

Artwork also embedded in individual file metadata? Or not?

Duplicate tracks and it's picking up the wrong one?

And I assume same file format as other albums?

Badge

Thanks for your messages John. I’m not particularly tech minded so don’t understand your question about metadata. I can confirm that the artwork is in the folder that l added manually and the album was not a download but a physical copy from a CD. 
Not a duplicate track or duplicate album name.

And yes it is in the same format .jpg as all other artwork.

I meant music file format.  

There is a lot of info stored in a music file - album name, artist, track name etc. There is a slot for album art to be stored as well.  I wondered if that differed in some way in your problem album. Or maybe a different file type was handling it differently.