Answered

AMP O/P From Freesat Box / TV to In ceiling Speaker - Not sure how to configure

• 21 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Morning all,

I have a Sonos AMP which has been happily wired to a Panasonic EX800B TV (midrange 2020 set) via HDMI on ARC. The sound works very well via the AMP to the ceiling B&W’s

But, I bought a new 4k Freesat box which I enthusiastically plugged into the TV to try. 

Picture wise …. 10/10, all good. But no sound from the Sonos AMP. 

I’m not sure how to configure to get sound o/p from the add-on box to the AMP.

Anyone have experience of using the HDMI to AMP when using a set top box? Appreciate any help I can get on this. Many thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by attacama40 21 August 2021, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What are the Panasonic and Freesat audio settings set to? Is VIERA Link enabled on your TV?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

What are the Panasonic and Freesat audio settings set to? Is VIERA Link enabled on your TV?

Hi there and thanks for the quick reply.

At present, the Freesat box is vanilla out the box, just the channel search run. There are very few user definable options strangely on the 4k box.

Same pretty much on the Panasonic …. box settings. As I say, it worked beautifully TV to AMP but since adding the Freesat box, no sound. I’m going to go and check setting out more thoroughly right now and will come back to you.

Viera link I’ve never used. We do use the ‘attached devices’ option to get to the NAS and a couple of SSD’s on other TV’s

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Solved and update.

The HDMI cable was either faulty or too low a spec. Replaced it for a decent much higher spec one and all seems spot on.

I ran a decent HDMI from the HDMI2 (arc) to the Sonos. Then ran another HDMI from the Freesat box to HDMI1 on the TV. Now Sonos is finding any device and allowing the Panasonic remote to control the Sonos volume a treat.

Strangely, the setup routine on Sonos could not find Viera on the TV even though it is 100% optioned on.

Even though Sonos says it cannot see Viera and stops the configuration routine, it does in fact work. Odd one, maybe a fix needed there.

Thanks for the input Guitarsuperstar. I’m goin to replicate this rather nice setting on all TV’s in rooms.