Answered

AMP and Sony Bravia: cannot switch to TV Speakers

• 7 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I recently purchased a new Sony Bravia TV and hooked it to a Sonos AMP. It’s connected via HDMI the eARC port.

Unfortunately, when I try to switch the audio output to the Sony TV speakers, the TV will play audio through the TV speakers for approximately 1 to 2 seconds, and then automatically switches back to the external audio. Also, attached is a cable box via a separate HDMI port, but even with unplugging it, this issue persists.

I have read multiple threads on this topic, but cannot find anyone ever found a resolution. I think we all have a sense that this is a CEC issue with Sonia having to do with the fact that the Sonos Amp is running all the time but I have tried to switch every setting I can find on my TV and have been unable to resolve it.

Would appreciate any insight this community can provide on this issue.  

Thanks,

Stephen 

icon

Best answer by buzz 7 June 2023, 20:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There is a TV option to turn OFF Bravia Sync. See if this accomplishes what you want. Otherwise, install a CEC blocker in the HDMI connection between TV and AMP.

Thank you for your response. Wondering what effect it might have to block CEC to the Sonos Amp? Perhaps won’t be be able to use the TV remote to control the audio level on that? 

Correct, blocking CEC will disable Volume control over CEC, but the remote(s) and AMP can be trained to use IR. A disadvantage of using IR control is that you’ll need to use some IR extenders if AMP is remotely located.