Skip to main content

amazon music in old playlists not playing after migration to S2

I built a few playlists on my S1 app that were a mix of tracks from Amazon and Apple. After migrating to S2 I get the “song is not encoded correctly” message for the Amazon tracks. 

Note that this only seems to pertain to the playlist because when I go back to the songs directly in the app via Amazon music they have no problem. 
Any suggestions (other than rebuilding the playlists) would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Weird, because Sonos does a pretty good job on handling this stuff normally. You could try exporting them as Sonos XML (using my app, see profile) then re-importing them, which should cause the urls in the playlists to get updated as required. However I’m not confident of this as a fix, as a stale url should not cause a “song is not encoded correctly” error that I can see.

Thanks - I downloaded your app and got the premium pack, did the export -  it how do I import  back into Sonos (or your app)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks - I downloaded your app and got the premium pack, did the export -  it how do I import  back into Sonos (or your app)?

Check the app’s Facebook page (link is in the About page of the app), I put the details there.