Answered

Sonos Sub too far from AMP

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Because you’re going to be disabling the radio on the Amp in question. You need at least one other wired device with an active radio to enable SonosNet operation.

Badge

Because you’re going to be disabling the radio on the Amp in question. You need at least one other wired device with an active radio to enable SonosNet operation.

ok I can wire 2 of the amps to the router, or could I also connect the amp in question to another amp via Ethernet (disabling the radio in the amp in question on both scenarios)?

I think either would work, but might ss well wire them both direct to router.

It should only be a matter of minutes to test it - just give it a try!

Badge

Appears this is working!  I did have to connect 2 amps the router, couldn’t piggy back from one to the other- although wasn’t connected to the same one that was connected to the router.  Non the less this is working so far.  Will let y’all know if any issues arise 

thanks to all!

Badge

Ratty - I set my sonos system up again in SonosNet mode and it just doesn’t play nicely w/ my orbi mesh system, it causes my phone to constantly lose wifi.  I also couldn’t get the sub to connect via 2.4ghz this go around, nor could i figure out how to screen shot the network matrix - it was larger than the screen, i assume i have too many sonos products to get it to fit.

Until sonos comes out w/ another option to pair the sub w/ a product(Amp) in my case when its further than same room I will just not be able to have a sub.

thanks again for the help

-mayo