Answered

Sonos Sub too far from AMP

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Badge

I have 4 beams, 4 amps(all in that one closet), 4 Ones, 3 subs, and a pair of Play 5s

none of the speakers are hard wired to the router, they are all using my mesh wifi(orbi 6)

I looked at my 3 subs they are all WM:2 so paired via 5ghz - so is there a way to pair it to the amp not through 5ghz?

The Sub won’t move to 5GHz until it’s told to do so by the parent HT device, so should in theory revert to 2.4GHz. Latency spikes could however strain the quality of the bonded connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Interesting. Thx ratty  So the sub could communicate paired via the 2.4ghz as long as it wasn’t looking for the signal from the amp. 

mayo are these the only 2 Sonos devices you have.  If you have others are any hooked to router as well?

There was a similar case a short while ago. In that case the user had wired the Amp in the closet, and the suggestion was to disable its radios to force the remote Sub to use whatever 2.4GHz SonosNet connection it could find.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So it’s running off your home WiFi not connecting to sonosnet  

best bet then is to put another sonos device half way between the two to repeat the sonosnet signal.  Could be a beam - even a rather cheap Sonos one sl.  

But actually this may. Not work

this is a more unusual one were paired devices are not near each other.  I have to say I have never run in to this.  I’m going to see if issue doing the same at my house with the paired device not direct connecting but via another Sonos unit.   I’m thinking still won’t work because paired devices are supposed to maintain a low latency 5ghz connection bwteeen them meaning they have to talk directly