Sonos Roam does not work with Sonos S1 App

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

78 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Fair enough.  Play:1s are of course S2 compatible too, but the gen 1 Play:5s not so.  There is, IMO, a big difference between the sound quality of the gen 1 and gen 2 Play:5s, and I understand that the Five is similar to the gen 2 Play:5.  So you might want to consider upgrading at some point.  I realise that would be a significant chunk of money, even with the discount and net of selling the gen 1s, and I am not suggesting that you ‘should’ upgrade to accommodate the Roam!

That’s super interesting. I thought the Play 1s were excluded. I was actually thinking of selling the play 5s as we don’t listen to music in that room anymore. 

So I could drop the play 5s and use the new app for the rest. 

Thanks so much for the reply John. 

You can get a 30% discount by “trading in” your 5s with Sonos, which is a pretty good deal. Was able to get a full Arc set for like $1000 off. 

Well thank stinks! I’ve been a loyal Sonos customer since 2010 and have just bought a Roam and wireless charging base for well over £200 only to find it wont work with my system and that Sonos are not supporting their old products and that I need to buy everything again and “upgrade” to “Sonos 2”. I’ve no idea what to do? Perhaps return my new Roam for a refund and look at alternative systems? I feel no loyalty to Sonos and my intended soundbar purchase definitely won’t be Sonos now.

It’s so sad - like a betrayal.

Userlevel 7

@markvoysey Covering this up? I wouldn’t call including this graphic on the Roam’s product page “covering this up”:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/roam.html