Sonos One SL stands

• 15 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

I am picking up my Sonos One SL pair today. I am looking for stands to put behind the sofa. The one from Sonos, Flexson and Sanus. I baby my speakers very much and don’t let kids near them but I am afraid neither of these are secure enough. The fact they just sit on top of the stand pole is unbelivable. What do u use and how are your experiences?

However, I came accross the Soundbass stands which offer a unique locking mechanism so the speaker is secure. Has anyone one o these and how do they compare?

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Neven, welcome back!

I do not own any stands for my speakers, so it is a bit difficult to provide answers for you.

With my response here though, your thread got at the top of the latest activity list, maybe other users of our Community who own any of these stands can give you some feedback.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you. Currently I have my Play 3’s wall mounted and plan to swap them for Sonos One SL on stands. I have real concern for Sonos, Sanus and Flexson stands. The only one that seems to securely hold the speaker is Soundbass stand which I hardly don’t see any reviews.

Neven 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have my Five on a stand, wasn’t happy with the security either so I used several 3M “Command Strips” in a larger size to secure the Five to the stand. They create a solid but easy to remove connection.

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Adhesive-Hanging-Removable-Christmas/dp/B0014CQGW4/ref=sr_1_8

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have my Five on a stand, wasn’t happy with the security either so I used several 3M “Command Strips” in a larger size to secure the Five to the stand. They create a solid but easy to remove connection.

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Adhesive-Hanging-Removable-Christmas/dp/B0014CQGW4/ref=sr_1_8

Very nice to know there is a solution. But still, i see a lot of folks recommending Flexson. I doubt there will be a problem, unless someone forces the speker of the stand. 

Thank you

Neven

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Very nice to know there is a solution. But still, i see a lot of folks recommending Flexson. I doubt there will be a problem, unless someone forces the speker of the stand. 

Thank you

Neven

Further I think about the possibility of speaker falling I begin to consider a wall mount or a shelf. It would not look as nice and won't be at ideal listening height but woul be a lot more secure. 

Neven

Congratulations on your Sonos One SL pair! When it comes to stands, it's crucial to prioritize the security of your speakers. Many users find the Soundbass stands appealing due to cross their unique locking mechanism that ensures speaker stability. If you're concerned about the security of other stands, exploring options like Soundbass with positive reviews for stability could be a wise choice. Feel free to share your experiences or check online reviews to gather more insights from users who have used these stands for their Sonos speakers.