Sonos Connect is missing digital audio input

• 25 November 2012
  • 63 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

63 replies

+1. And IR remote learning functionality, basically a Sonos connect for TVs. Or a soundbar without the speaker for those of us who already have a set of good speakers near the TV.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Sonos' multi-year silence on this topic seems like a classic case of a company not listening to its customers. I hope I'm wrong!
Yes, they don't seem to listen to customer suggestions on this forum.  Such a pity, and a wasted resource.  I really don't understand it.
Thing is a connect2 could be in development with digital input and we won't know until the day they release it. I would suspect they would be close to getting a refresh.
Chris, you might be right - connect:amp is currently on back order. Wishful thinking 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thing is a connect2 could be in development with digital input and we won't know until the day they release it. I would suspect they would be close to getting a refresh.
Sonos' multi-year silence on this topic seems like a classic case of a company not listening to its customers. I hope I'm wrong!
really no digital audio input for connect?

i like to buy more sonos but this feature is really missing

+1 for digital connect in at "Sonnos Connect".
I would like to connect my PC to the Sonos network via a device like the Connect. Only digital input is needed there.
+1 for HDMI in/out on Sonos Bridge and Connect. 
I totally agree with you...
Galaxy S6 cover
Samsung Galaxy J5 cover
Same need for me. I should "forward" a digital input to reuse an existing system in my bedroom.
TV -> AMP (digital) -> Existing system (digital)

The existing speakers should be part of my Sonos system.
I also have a Play:5 in that room and I sadly can't connect it to my TV using a digital connection.

In general I'm enthusiast about Sonos, but it's disappointing that it's very limited in connections, forcing you to buy different (expensive) products to achieve all your goals (I already have a Sonos Bar in my living room, I don't want to buy another one and throw away my existing system).

And I also have the bad feeling that these user requests are not taken into considerations (at least, not enough). 
I am disappointed to find that Connect does not include digital audio input.
Yeah, this would be nice. I have a projector, so a Sonos sound bar doesn't really work that well.
Badge
Add another vote for digital input on Connect. Very surprised that a device that only serves to connect to and from a Sonos system doesn't have a digital input. I can understand not building a bunch of connections into every speaker offering, but why not the Connect? It should have every type of connection imaginable for $350. Just testing out Sonos and trying to decide if I can make it my main music system. This limitation and Sonos' limited product line are keeping me on the sidelines with just one Play:1 for now. It seems Sonos is leaving itself very vulnerable to competitors by omitting basic functionality like this and not offering a wider variety of products (wireless headphones, outdoor speakers, in wall/ceiling speakers, shower speakers, etc.).
I am waiting on digital input before I will buy Sonos.   Looking at other systems 
+1 for Digital inputs on Connect and Connect Amp. This is a basic feature that has stopped me from buying Sonos as well. I have also been badmouthing Sonos to friends for this reason! Please update these very soon.
This has keep me from buying a PLAY 5, an analog signal is not acceptable for a $400 speaker. 
+ 1 for the digital input. I was investigating this issue and I have noticed that nothing has been done so far from Sonos side. New competitors are pressing, see the Samsung Link Mate WAM270 for Samsung Multiroom line. What are the Sonos guys doing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Not a single digital input into any of the Sonos components is a gaping hole in their product line.  
Playbar has digital input (optical) - multiple sources can be used with TV as switchbox or external optical or hdmi with optical switchbox.
Not a single digital input into any of the Sonos components is a gaping hole in their product line.  No go for me until this is addressed.
+1 for HDMI in/out on Sonos Bridge and Connect.  I would love to be able to control the volume on my AV receiver directly (after DAC conversion!).  Please include CEC control.
+1 for hdmi on a new bridge or connect
+1 for a digital input for the next generation Connect and Connect Amp
+1 for a digital input for the next generation Connect and Connect Amp
I don't want an ugly black sound bar in my living room. I just want to connect my Apple TV to some decent audio output, and Connect and a pair of Play 3's would seem ideal, if it wasn't for this one little thing. And while at it, why not add two digital audio inputs?

Now I'm forced to look for options like Onkyo Envision Cinem LS3100.
I would love to buy one but I am just not going to do it if it isn't a single solution. 
It's completely stupid.  I want ONE item to play my iPod and my television on. NOT three... which is probably what SONOS wants to sell you rather than add 50 cents worth of hardware to their devices.