Sonos Connect Amp and Speaker Volume

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Badge
One pair (a left and right speaker), are connected. I will submit the diagnostics later tonight as I'm not home now. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't hear anything on the AMP connected speakers (ourdoor) unless I have the volume on them set to over 50%, and even then, they're fairly quiet. Anything grouped to that, at 50%, would be very loud. The sound is clear, not fuzzy, it just doesn't match up with what the volume is set at.

That sounds like an impedance issue of some sort to me. How many speakers do you have connected to the CONNECT:AMP? Can you submit a diagnostic report with the CONNECT:AMP playing? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Badge
I don't hear anything on the AMP connected speakers (ourdoor) unless I have the volume on them set to over 50%, and even then, they're fairly quiet. Anything grouped to that, at 50%, would be very loud. The sound is clear, not fuzzy, it just doesn't match up with what the volume is set at.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff. My kit didn't come with anything to connect to the line in. I just bought speaker wire and connected the speakers to the Connect AMP.

In that case you shouldn't need to adjust any settings on the line-in menu. Are you having any trouble getting the audio on your speakers working properly?
Badge
This is the kit: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonos-sonance-outdoor-speaker-streaming-audio-bundle-with-xpress-audio-keypad-white-gray/6196623.p?skuId=6196623
Badge
Thanks Jeff. My kit didn't come with anything to connect to the line in. I just bought speaker wire and connected the speakers to the Connect AMP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Connect AMP wired to sonance outdoor speakers... when I go to settings there is no Line in setting

Hi there,

The option doesn't show up if the CONNECT:AMP doesn't detect a line-in connection. Please double-check the line-in cable to make sure it's fully inserted on both the CONNECT:AMP and the source device. Also, make sure the source is playing audio when you're looking in the app for the line-in setting.

If that doesn't work, please leave the source playing and submit a diagnostic report form the Sonos app. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll check it out for you.
Badge
Connect AMP wired to sonance outdoor speakers... when I go to settings there is no Line in setting
To adjust Line-In sensitivity, go to room settings, open the room you want to adjust, press on Line-In, press on Line-In Source Level. I set mine to 10 - highest.
They've just changed where all the articles live, which apparently has invalidated all of the older links, so try this one:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080
Hi, I'm having similar issues with my connect amps and volume control. How do you adjust the Line-in sensitivity? the link provided by Richardjg does not work.
Thanks
I have the same set up - Connect:Amp and Polk Bookshelf speakers but running analogue from a DAC into the Connect:Amp. I had the same low volume problem. The fix is to go into the room settings for the Connect:Amp and change the Line-in sensitivity. (https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/~/using-line-in-on-sonos#settings) Mine was set on Level 2 - probably the factory setting, so I simply reset to Level 10.
25-30ft wire, I got 14 gauge CL2 Incase I needed to make a longer run to further in the backyard.
I was using Pandora through the Sonos app, I didn’t try other sources... could that play a roll? Mostly just use Pandora, occasionally amazon music or tv sound from sound bar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Polk speakers specs look like they should be a good fit: sensitivity 89 dB, 8-ohm impedance, handles up to 80 watts.

How long are your speaker wires and what size are they?

Have you tried different music sources to see if the volume levels are different.