Question

Sonos Arc audio drops

• 25 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi

Im having some trouble with my arc. Setup is a sonos arc with ones as surrounds and hooked up to a LG B9.  

First problem is with eARC - when i use eARC my arc and tv randomly drop connection. If i use a native app and then switch to a channel then the sound goes away. It also happens the other way - when i open an app then there will be no sound. Sometimes it comes back if i switch channel or close the app and sometimes i have to toggle eARC on and off. 

I have run a diagnostic: 2125427485

My second problem is with regular hdmi arc - when watching television i will have periodic audio drops. As far as i know this only happen when im streaming (netflix and other native webos apps). 

Diagnostic: 170946637

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @shr1986, thanks for reaching out here and for submitting the diagnostics. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostics, the eARC connection is unstable. You may want to check this community thread as well which may help you with the issue.

On your second concern, try to change the audio format to Dolby Digital. Start the playback from Netflix and see if you will experience the same. 

Some TV and movie streaming services now support Dolby Atmos. Services like Netflix require a specific subscription tier to get access to Dolby Atmos content. Note that even if a service supports Dolby Atmos, some shows and movies may not have Dolby Atmos audio. Check with your streaming service provider to see if they support Dolby Atmos.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.