"Jukebox" Mode

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
I've got 3 Sonos controllers + an iPad floating around... it would be nice to have this as a selectable function for parties etc.
Userlevel 2
The controllers are all well and good, but what I'd really like is a large-button front end to use with touch screens.
In the past I've had some freeware jukebox software that plays my music from the PC. The downside of this is that there is only one input - one jukebox screen. The first advantage with Sonos is that it can work well with different people adding to the same queue.
The jukebox doesn't need options for zones or linking zones, just a way to display album covers and scroll through them, probably with power scroll also. A display of the tracks on the album and the queue.

It could probably fairly easily be an add-on to the desktop software or be done by an enterprising programmer.

Any thoughts?
The title is probably a little too limiting. What I really am requesting is "Access Control". I think it could be kept pretty simple by just adding a "admin" and "other" grouping.

It would be a too cumbersome to have users log in to determine their privileges but a "admin mode" in the settings would be nice. This could also incorporate the functionality to give access to only certain zones which is another topic on this "Sound Ideas" forum.

The jukebox feature would be a byproduct of that.
+1 from me
me too!

Cheers,

Keith
Badge +3
+1 from me

Havent actually been an issue for me yet, but i can definatly see the pro's and con's with this feature.

Regards Ole