Connect:AMP digital input

• 18 December 2013
  • 52 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

52 replies

Would a "simple" stereo digital input onto the sonos connect (either 'normal' and amp) be difficult to implement?

I believe it wouldn't. As a manner of fact, I believe that the point where the digital audio signal would have to enter the unit, is already there "waiting" for us to inject the signal.

Forgive me, but this sounds a bit like the alleged 'hidden headphone jack' on the iPhone7, waiting to be exposed using a 3.5mm drill...

The AD converter could well be entirely integrated into some other chip, and even if it were a discrete component how precisely would you interface with the tracks on the PCB? For Sonos this would be a substantial hardware respin either way.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Well, I believe that for some of us with not that much knowledge of electronics, it would be a rather difficult task, but for the advanced user with good knowledge on electronics, this would be something not that difficult to do.