Answered

bose lifestyle v35 with sonos

• 12 December 2022
  • 6 replies

So I’ve just now started investing in Sonos but I have this home surround I want to be able to use with sonos multiroom and also maybe use as tv Audio and perhaps connect more sonos speakers to work with it … but mainly connect to sonos multiroom so I can listen to music with all my other sonos devices. What do I do? And also can I add sonos speakers to my tv setup? 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 12 December 2022, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

As advised there is loads of info on the Sonos Website and shop:-

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/home-theater

There is the Ray, Beam, Amp and Arc.  You can then add other Sonos Speakers and Subs to make a full surround system.   The limit being the size of your wallet.

Mod Edit: Changed Roam to Ray

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So I’ve just now started investing in Sonos but I have this home surround I want to be able to use with sonos multiroom and also maybe use as tv Audio and perhaps connect more sonos speakers to work with it … but mainly connect to sonos multiroom so I can listen to music with all my other sonos devices. What do I do? And also can I add sonos speakers to my tv setup? 

I’m sure you realise the Sonos and Bose systems are incompatible for a mixed single-controller system? Sonos do their own home theatre systems so you can use them with your tv, but not with your existing non-Sonos kit. The Amp does enable connections to some other audio components. Have you looked at the Sonos website? There’s lots of helpful information there, under the different categories. 

However, none of them would interface with another company’s system, such as BOSE. The closest you could possibly get would be a Sonos Amp, powering surround speakers made by another company, but those other speakers would need to be passive, not self powered. 

I have heard that the port might be a good alternative but does it give surround for music?

Does anyone of the sonos devices work with surround?

The Sonos Port provides a stereo signal. It does not handle more complex codecs.