Answered

bose lifestyle v35 with sonos

• 12 December 2022
  • 6 replies

So I’ve just now started investing in Sonos but I have this home surround I want to be able to use with sonos multiroom and also maybe use as tv Audio and perhaps connect more sonos speakers to work with it … but mainly connect to sonos multiroom so I can listen to music with all my other sonos devices. What do I do? And also can I add sonos speakers to my tv setup? 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 12 December 2022, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

However, none of them would interface with another company’s system, such as BOSE. The closest you could possibly get would be a Sonos Amp, powering surround speakers made by another company, but those other speakers would need to be passive, not self powered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

As advised there is loads of info on the Sonos Website and shop:-

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/home-theater

There is the Ray, Beam, Amp and Arc.  You can then add other Sonos Speakers and Subs to make a full surround system.   The limit being the size of your wallet.

Mod Edit: Changed Roam to Ray

Does anyone of the sonos devices work with surround?

The Sonos Port provides a stereo signal. It does not handle more complex codecs. 

I have heard that the port might be a good alternative but does it give surround for music?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So I’ve just now started investing in Sonos but I have this home surround I want to be able to use with sonos multiroom and also maybe use as tv Audio and perhaps connect more sonos speakers to work with it … but mainly connect to sonos multiroom so I can listen to music with all my other sonos devices. What do I do? And also can I add sonos speakers to my tv setup? 

I’m sure you realise the Sonos and Bose systems are incompatible for a mixed single-controller system? Sonos do their own home theatre systems so you can use them with your tv, but not with your existing non-Sonos kit. The Amp does enable connections to some other audio components. Have you looked at the Sonos website? There’s lots of helpful information there, under the different categories.