Question

B&O 8000's and Connect

• 25 February 2018
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

You could wire that Dot to those active speakers and do without the Connect.
Badge
Thank you for your response, I now think I ordered the wrong gear. Because the 8000's are powered, I ordered the Connect and not the Connect Amp. My plan is/was to hook the Connect to the 8000's via RCA (switching to Line) and running the whole thing on an Echo Dot. Bummer.
Userlevel 7
Just ordered a Connect to use with my 8000's. New to the forum. Anybody using this combo?

I assume you are actually referring to a Connect: AMP and not a Connect? A Connect will not drive speakers. To your question in general the Connect: AMP can sustain between a 4 to 16 ohm load. That's not to say that the occasion dip will severely damage the Connect: AMP. The B&O 8000's per my research carry a 4 ohm load which means they are on the threshold of acceptability. I can't comment beyond that. Below is a link with more info on the Connect: AMP:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/269/kw/connect%20Amp%20ohms/session/L3RpbWUvMTUxOTY1MTEzNC9zaWQvZlVHY0pHVFNtJTdFNExkeEs2bTJuUHZlNGZjSWtGamZ6aDI1czBrbHJQWnZvaVJYRFJEUGgwYlg4YUk0MlRiVmF6WXg5cWFFNmR1blBBXzd1ZUJBVHRMVkJuSWROWmdjMU5ZaVJpMnRzc28xOHZKellXbEJRcGljMXclMjElMjE=

Cheers!

PS
If you really want to know about the Connect please post back and let us know how you want to use it.