Answered

Turntable - Amp vs second hand Connect:Amp

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I already have a Sonos system with a Playbar, Sub & 2 x Play:3s, and I’m looking at adding my old turntable & CD player.

It looks like my best options are the Amp or getting a second hand Connect:Amp online. And Amp would be about three times the cost, what would I be missing out on if I went for the older options? I seem to remember reading a conversation that for some reason I might even be better off with a connect:amp but can’t find it or work out why that would be?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 February 2021, 20:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you looked at the Sonos Port or older Connect? If you do choose the Connect:Amp or Connect, be sure you get the Gen 2 models so you can use them with the Sonos S2 app.

Thank you - reading again I realise I’ve got them confused - I meant the Port vs the Connect Gen 2

Again, the Connect Gen 2 is much cheaper second hand than a Port, any opinion on what the pros and cons are?

Userlevel 7

This article does a good job highlighting the differences: https://www.audioadvice.com/videos-reviews/sonos-port-compared-to-the-sonos-connect/