Answered

Mission speaker match with sonos amp

• 21 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a set of mission lx-2 + speakers which are 6 ohm speakers with a minimum impedance of 3.5 ohms and a recommended amp power of 20 - 120 w. Also I have a pair of outdoor polk audio speakers that are 8 ohm. I would like to connect them with my sonos amp using a speaker switch which is a monoprice switch. I can’t seem to get a clear answer from  sonos or the folks at mission speakers so I thought I would ask the sonos community. First of all are my mission speakers a good match for the sonos amp and secondly is it ok to use a speaker switch with this set up (it’s very unlikely I would run both sets of speakers at the same time)

icon

Best answer by buzz 21 August 2021, 23:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you have a way of guaranteeing that only one pair will connect at a time, you could connect a thousand pairs of speakers to any amplifier.

AMP will gracefully drive the Missions.

Thanks for the response buzz. I guess my concern comes down to the use of a speaker switch. If for some reason either by choice or failure of the switch 2 sets of speakers end up being on will this harm the amp or speakers given that one set is 8 ohm and the other 6 ohm ?

You can carefully select a switch that selects one or the other, never both sets of speakers.