Answered

External differences between 1st & 2nd gen Connect?

• 15 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Having just received my first Sonos set up (Playbase, Sub & 2 Ones), I am now thinking about linking in my old turntable. I won’t use it often and would be happy with a used Connect to do this.

However, on the S2 overview page, it says 1st Gen Connect wont be compatible with the S2 App.

Is there an obvious external way to tell the 1st & 2nd Gen Connects apart . Looking at various eBay listings, some have a mute button, others have a play/pause button. Is this a reliable way to differentiate the two, or not? I don’t want to end up buying something that prevents me using the S2 App once available. 

Any input much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 April 2020, 18:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The change over with the Connect and Connect:Amp happened in 2015, so the best way to check is to look at the bottom of the unit for the 4 digits before the serial number, they list the manufacturing date in the format YYMM. If it starts with 15, you should be looking at a modern unit. Check out this thread where we talked about it previously. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Ryan :thumbsup: