Suggestion

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Please can i add my vote to this kind of feature. Sonos Beam Gen2 as centre channel, sonos fives as fronts with sonos one sl as rears. Sub if you want to go crazy. How good would this sound. Very good indeed i would think 🙂.

3 replies

I’m under the impression that front speakers in that sort of configuration need to be acoustically “matched”. I’ve no idea if the Sonos Arc/Beam/PLAYBASE/PLAYBAR are indeed matched with the Sonos Five in order to get the best sound. 

But it sure has been a requested feature since the original PLAYBAR was released, back in February of 2013.

Yes, there’s numorous factors to consider, much unknown, when considering adding the ability to add front speakers to a Sonos HT.  My ‘favorite’ is whether the wireless network holding the HT speakers bonded together can handle adding two more speakers and still be reliably stable in most homes.  Don’t know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Db24448 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!